Saturday 6 January 2007

How to be proved wrong big style

Hi well Saturday a day of rest not working eh? WRONG !!!!! got up early this morning as Rebekah had an eye test at 9.00 ( she had been complaining mummy my eyes hurt when i am on the computer, mummy my eyes hurt when i .......... she would then go on playing I thought this was all part of the not wanting to go to school thing so we went for her eyes testing .)

She only needs glasses doesn't she ? Its not a big prescription and the optician said a lot of it could be eye strain and over compensating but she has to wear glasses for computer and reading which reminds me where did i put mine lol !!!!! )

Afterwards we went for a free assessment at a tutoring place as i thought this might help her confidence at school and it was Rebekah that first mentioned it, she had a test which lasted half an hour ish and these were the results
reading age 10yrs 4 months
comprehension 9yrs 10 months ( she is 7 yrs and 6months )
so its just some help numeracy they are going to give her she seems to have some of the ways to work calculations out a bit mixed up

I am really proud of her and she seems a bit more upbeat today lets hope it keeps up.

Linda x

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Firstly Rebekah - glasses are cool - I love mine and Im sure all your friends will want them too!!!!, and what a clever girl you are. I know your mum is soooo proud of you!!!!! xxxx

takes me back